What is MP CPCT?
Madhya Pradesh CPCT means Computer Proficiency Certification Test. MP CPCT is an initiative of the Government of Madhya Pradesh (MP) to certify the computer proficiency of candidates. Scores from the test shall be referred in recruitment for various positions (Data entry/IT Operator/Assistant Grade-3/steno/shorthand/typist) in State Government and agencies, where working knowledge of computers and typing skill is required. For details please refer the government orders issued.
Who can take the MP CPCT Exam?
Any Indian over 18 years of age and passed the Higher Secondary exam may appear for the MP CPCT Exam. Once time in 6 Months.
Who Accepts MP CPCT Scores?
Government of MP, by its order C 3 – 15/ 2014/1/3 dated 26 February 2015 has recognized Computer Proficiency & Certification Test (CPCT) for all the positions in various Government departments where working knowledge of computers and typing skill are basic requirements.
Syllabus of CPCT ?
Familiarity with computer systems
Awareness about different aspects regarding computer hardware such as generations and types of computers, printers, input and output devices and hardware components such as Central Processing Unit (CPU) like arithmetic logic unit, control unit, memory unit; Universal Serial Bus (USB), Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), Motherboard, Sound Card, Graphics Card, and related concepts; Input Devic
es such keyboard, mouse, light pen, touch screens, graphics tablets, joystick, Microphone, Optical Character Reader, MICR, Scanner, digital or web camera, card reader, barcode reader, biometric sensor; Output Devices such as Monitor or visual display unit, printer (impact or non-impact), sp
eaker, plotter; and Secondary Storage Devices such as USB Pen Drives, floppy disks, Compact Disk (CD), Digital Video Disk (DVD), Blue Ray Disk, Solid State Drive etc.;
Awareness regarding different aspects about computer software including software categories such as System Software, Application Software, Embedded Software, Proprietary Software, Open Source Software; Computer Languages such as Machine Level Language, Assembly Level Language, High Level Language, Interpreter, Compiler; Operating Systems such as Windows and Linux etc.
and concepts of Memory Units such as Bit, Byte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte etc.
Knowledge of Basic Computer Operations
Awareness of generic steps required for setting up a computer, booting and shutting down, logging on and off to a network, determining an IP address, verifying physical connectivity to a network, installing and updating software packages, disabling applications from running on start-up, uninstalling a software from computer, customising desktop background, resizing windows, volume controls of computer, setting up a new printer or webcam or scanner or other peripheral devices, understanding of steps to protect computers from power disturbances and basic troubleshooting including power backups.
Awareness of System Administration and Security concepts such as setting options and preferences in an Operating System; encryption of data; keeping personal data private and secure; creating strong passwords; changing passwords; checking a system for bugs, spyware or other malicious application through virus scanners;
Awareness of concepts and processes related to file management functions such as copying files to memory disk, undoing mistakes, using default help modules, connecting to the Internet and downloading and uploading files, setup and printing of documents Compressing files; identifying and selecting suitable file formats and using them for transferring data.
Proficiency in general IT skills
Word processing skills such as creating a document, using spellcheck, creating tables, working with headers or footers, mail merge, document formatting etc. and common word processing related keyboard commands;
Numeric Skills to deal with numbers and digits, using formulas, references, macros, tables, graphs through spreadsheets and common keyboard commands for spreadsheets. Presentation skills for sharing and understanding data in form of charts, graphs and data.
Internet skills such as using search engine effectively to get the
best desired result within short time; uploading and downloading information from the Internet and usage of Internet applications such as web sites, browsers, blogs, and Internet services such as Email, video conferencing, Online Collaboration etc.
Ability to read and understand passages in English comprising questions regarding locating information, identifying relationships, interpreting ideas, moods, characteristics of charac
ters, tone of passage and getting the central theme.
Mathematical & Reasoning Aptitude :
Mathematical aptitude comprising concepts form Number System (Fractions, Surds and Decimals, Number Series) and Arithmetic (Percentages, Profit & loss, discount, compound interest & annuities, ratio & proportions, time work & distance, 2 D & 3D figures- Areas & Volumes.
Reasoning Aptitude focusing on Verbal and Logical Reasoning focusing on deriving conclusions from logical premises or assess the validity of arguments based on statement of facts.
Indian History & Indian Geography, Indian Economy, Indian Constitution, Science & Technology, Trends in Current Affairs.
Typing in English and Hindi (Keyboard: Remington/In-Script)
- The Test shall be of two hours (120 Minutes) duration distributed as under
- 75 minutes for 75 (MOQ) Questions
- 15 Minutes for English typing test
- 15 Minutes for Hindi typing test
- 15 Minutes for reading instructions and switchover between languages in typing tests
CPCT SCORE CARD
The minimum passing score for CPCT is 50%. Minimum Passing Score for each module-
- Multi optoin Question – 38 Marks
- English Typing – 30 NWPM
- Hindi Typing – 20 NWPM
INSTRUCTION FOR HINDI TYPING
- Carefully read all the don’ts and follow the same to avoid any time loss/disqualification.
- If you don’t know Hindi typing, be patient. CPCT score card will be provided for the attempted section(s) (MCQ / English Typing / Hindi Typing).
- After reading Instructions, accept the declaration and click on “I’m ready to begin”.
- A Hindi Typing Mock will start for 5 minutes to get familiar with the assessment.
- At the start of Mock, do change the Language Input from the language bar to Hindi (Language bar will be visible on Right Top Corner).
- Verify the opted keyboard layout (IN-Script / Remington (GAIL)): refer your admit card.
- The desired keyboard layout can be changed by selecting keyboard icon on right bottom corner,
- Then choose the desired keyboard from the provided list.
- Type the highlighted word.
- Green Color indicates correct way of typing.
- Red Color indicates wrong way of typing.
- If you have typed correct word and if it’s displaying RED, then please ensure that there is no double space before the word displayed wrong.
- The typed text can be edited at any point of time till the given text completes.
- Submit button will only be enable once the complete content is typed.
- If your typing is completed, immediately submit the test. This time will be referred for calculating your typing speed (NWPM).
- If not submitted, your actual typing assessment will be auto submitted after allotted 15 minutes.
- In case of any of the following error, Please be patient and contact to the invigilator
- Keyboard error
- Machine auto-lock
- Power disruption
- Browser Cache
- Forced session time-out
- Do not worry, in case of above technical failure, you would be allow for re login and complete assessment time will be provided for test evaluation.
- Any malicious activity or unfair means used in the test will lead to a legal action and a FIR against the candidate(s) will be lodged.
- Before actual test, take Mock test to ensure Hindi language Input and your opted keyboard layout is selected. Refer point 5-8 above.
- Type the word highlighted in given text; as that only will be evaluated.
- Make sure there is no extra space between two words as it would be assessed wrong for all words typed after this extra space.
- Submit as soon as you complete the test.
- Don’t use any other key or key combination apart from those that is required to type the given text.
- Don’t enter any special character/symbol other than mentioned in the provided text. (This could skip words, leads to typing error, could be evaluated as typing mistake).
- Don’t toggle between language and keyboard inputs for any reason.
- Don’t press back space or any other key once the test is submitted and summary is displayed.
Important Date :
- Start date : 1 Oct, 2017
- Last Date – 30 Oct, 2017
- Exam Date – 18 Nov, 19 Sep, 2017, 18 Feb to 19 Feb, 2017.
Helpline Number : 0755-6996999, Email Helpdesk – email@example.com
Application Fee : Rs. 660 for All candidate & Free for govt employee .
Note : The 180 day condition for the candidate to re-apply has been removed, Now a candidate can re-apply for CPCT any number of times without any waiting time period.
Now You can a score qualify any two selection Computer Knowledge + Hindi Typing or Computer Knowledge + English Knowledge.