JOIN INDIAN COAST GUARD NAVIK GD JOBS
- 1 JOIN INDIAN COAST GUARD NAVIK GD JOBS
- 2 Important Date :
- 3 Educational Qualification for Indian Coast Guard Navik GD:
- 4 Age for Indian Coast Guard Navik GD:
- 5 Selection Procedure for Indian Coast Guard Navik GD : –
- 6 Syllabus:
- 7 Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
- 8 List of Documents:
- 9 Important Date :
Indian Coast Guard Applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
Important Date :
- Start Date online application submission : 24 Dec, 2017.
- Last Date online application submission : 02 Jan, 2018
- Admit Card issue date : 12 to 22 Jan, 2018
- Exam Date : Feb, 2018
- Selection Lists : month of Aug 2018
10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government. (5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01 Aug 1996 to 31 Jul 2000 (both dates inclusive). Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Sep/Oct 2017. The Selection procedure is as follows:-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- Written Examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Medical Examination
The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consists of,
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
List of Documents:
Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination Centre with the following documents.
- Three copies of pre-filled online e-admit card with latest photograph affixed.
- Original Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Caste certificate (if applicable) /Domicile certificate of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate / District Magistrate.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/ voter I card, Pan card, School/ college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxation, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC/ST & OBC). Further, in case of OBC the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced. All OBC certificates shall be in original as per Govt of India format (No other format will be entertained).
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs with Blue background.