State Bank of India
State Bank of Indiainvited online Applications for eligible Indian citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India. you can apply before 24 May, 2016.
Event calendar of SBI PO 2016:
- Online registration including edit/modification of application by candidates 04-05-2016 to 24-05-2016
- Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges 04-05-2016 to 24-05-2016
- Download of call letters for Online Preliminary Examination 14-06-2016 onwards
- Online Examination – Preliminary 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10 July 2016
- Result of Online Exam – Preliminary 18-07-2016
- Download of Call Letter for Online Main Exam 21-07-2016 onwards
- Conduct of Online Examination – Main 31st July 2016
- Declaration of Result – Main 16th August 2016
- Download Call Letter for Interview 22nd August 2016
- Conduct of Group Discussion & Interview 1st September 2016
- Declaration of Final Result 30th September 2016
- Pre-Examination Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community Candidates
- Download of Call Letters for Pre-Exam Training 13-06-2016 onwards
- Conduct of Pre-Exam Training 20-06-2016 to 25-06-2016
Academic Qualifications: (As on 31.08.2016)
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2016. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2016. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply
Age Limit: (As on 01.04.2016)
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2016 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1986 and not later than 01.04.1995 (both days inclusive).
Preliminary Examination : English Language-30, Quantitative Aptitude-35 Reasoning Ability-35 This paper is completely objective and acounts for 100 marks. Total Number of objective type questions asked in this paper are 125 and the examination duration is for one hour. It carries negative marking also.
Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
Objective Test: The Objective Test of 3 hours duration consists of 4 sections for total 200 marks. The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation,General/Economy/ Banking Awareness English Language
Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank. Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.