SSC CGL 2017| Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination 2017
- 1 SSC CGL 2017| Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination 2017
- 2 Important Date:
- 3 Application Fee for SSC CGL 2017 : Rs. 100 (One hundred only)
- 4 Tier -I — Computer Based Examination
- 5 Tier -II — Computer Based Examination
- 6 Tier -III — Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- 7 Important Link:
Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC CGL-2017) , 2017 (Tier-I) from 01.08.2017 to 20.08.2017 for selecting candidates for Tier-II examination for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organisations. Subject to administrative / public exigencies, final selection through the Combined Graduate Level Examination to specific categories of posts would be according to the confirmed number of vacancies from the concerned Indenting Ministries/ Department/Office/Cadres before declaration of results.
- Closing Date:19.06.2017
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 01.08.2017-20.08.2017
- Date of Tier-II: 10.11.2017 & 11.11.2017
- Date of Tier-III (Descriptive): 21.01.2018
- Date of Tier-IV (Skill test)- Feb, 2018
Note : The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however they must possess Essential qualification on or before 1st August 2017.
Application Fee for SSC CGL 2017 : Rs. 100 (One hundred only)
All Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee, as per extant government orders.
Scheme of the Examination for Combined Graduate Level Examination: The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I — Computer Based Examination
- Tier -II — Computer Based Examination
- Tier -III — Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV — Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)
- Document Verification
Tier -I — Computer Based Examination
General Intelligence Reasoning 25 Questions, General Awareness 25 Questions, Quantitative Aptitude 25 Questions English Comprehension-25 Questions, Time – 60 Mins
Tier -II — Computer Based Examination
Quantitative Abilities (100 Questions), English Language & Comprehension: (200 questions),Statistics (100 Questions) Paper-I & II as above, General Studies (Finance and Economics) (100 Questions) Paper-I & II as above.
Tier -III — Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
Pen and Paper mode: Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essays/Precie/Letter/Applications etc).
There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In respect of Tier-II, the negative marking system of 0.25 for each wrong answer in paper II (English Language & Comprehension) of Tier-II and 0.50 for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper III and Paper IV of Tier II.
The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off. Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification will also be conducted as per the provisions of the notice of examination.